Friday, July 31, 2009

Teeth Surgery {Please read, important!!}?

What is it called when some of your teeth are horizontal and won't come in without surgery? I have that on my 2 top pointy teeth, and have to have surgery to bring them down and stuff. I was just wondering if anyone has had this procedure done and could talk to me about it. I already had one surgery for extractions [9, including 3 adult teeth] and am scared to have one more. I will be asleep in the hosipital for this one[ bad expierance last time] and was just wondering what i should expect. Any answers helpful!! Thank You!!

Teeth Surgery {Please read, important!!}?
I think you are talking about your canines being impacted? Usually what is done is called an expose and bond. This is where they uncover the teeth, attach a bracket and a chain, and attach the chain to your braces...if this is it, don't worry. Most of my patients tell me it feels like a bad pizza burn and not much more. I personally haven't had it done, but I have had 12 teeth extracted. You have already done the hard part. If you are going to be sedated, just try and relax and think of it as a quick nap. When you wake up, it'll be done. Follow the post-care instructions, they work, good luck!
Reply:Yes, usually both teeth are done at the same time. The bracket attaches to the canine, and the chain attaches to your braces. Report It




office stationery

No comments:

Post a Comment