Monday, April 20, 2009

Adult Braces - Unable to straighten back teeth?

My ortho told me he was unable to correct the crossbite I have with my back teeth. He said the only way to correct this was surgerically. I was told as an adult, it was impossible to move these teeth. I just talked with someone older than me who has braces on all their teeth. Why can there back teeth be moved? I thought it wasn%26#039;t possible!

Adult Braces - Unable to straighten back teeth?
Maybe yours is more severe. Braces can be put on for so many differnt meaning. I would talk to another orthodontist if you are worried. Orthodontists make up to 6000 for braces I dont think the dentist would just say no. Check with another orthodontist. Good Luck
Reply:It depends on the type of movement that needs to be done. Tooth movement is much harder in adults because they aren%26#039;t growing anymore. Limited movement is pretty straightforward; more extensive movement is often easier done with surgery in adults.



office supply

No comments:

Post a Comment